Sunday, March 26, 2006

Books

If you're like me, you have books lying around that you paid amazon.com for, but have never gotten around to read. On top of that, there are books neatly organized in a prominent viewing area to demonstrate how well-read and interesting you are. In reality, they just collect dust.

My next step in simplification is reducing my collection of books to 1 bookshelf. Essentially, that's about 3 feet across. Titles such as I Ain't Got Time To Bleed are easy choices for reduction. In contrast, eliminating The Origin of Species and A Brief History of Time required more contemplation. In the end, I realized that these two titles only served to demonstrate to a non-existent audience my supposed education level. How silly.

On Monday, 80% of my books will be donated to the public library, including most of those overpriced computer tomes. Just the thought of being free from all that paper is liberating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home